Want to write a book but don’t know where to start? Seeking literary representation, but not sure how to write or personalize a query? Or perhaps you’re looking to learn how to most effectively (and efficiently) edit, pitch, and market your manuscript?
Look no further.
Meg writes articles and blogs for publications such as Writer’s Digest and SavvyAuthors on topics pertaining to the book publishing industry: writing, editing, querying (finding literary representation), publishing, and more. She is also the host of iWriterly, a YouTube channel specifically for writers and readers of books.
Meg’s feature stories can be found under her portfolio tab. However, a comprehensive list of her articles, blogs, videos, and guest appearances (sorted by topic) can be found below.
- Mastering Showing vs. Telling (ft. in SavvyAuthors)
- *9 Practical Tips to Start Writing a Book (ft. in SavvyAuthors and iWriterly)
- 5 Things to Consider When Starting Your Novel (ft. in SavvyAuthors)
- *The Great Debate: To Prologue or Not to Prologue? (ft. Writer’s Digest and iWriterly)
- Top 17 Writer Stereotypes (ft. in SavvyAuthors)
- The Seven Red Flags in Editing: Why Editors & Agents Reject Your Manuscript After the First Pages (ft. SavvyAuthors)
- 10 Tips on Beta Reader Etiquette (ft. in SavvyAuthors)
- How Freelance Editors Fit into Today’s Publishing Landscape (ft. in Writer’s Digest)
Querying (Finding Literary Representation)
- iWriterly’s Query Hack
- How to Get a Literary Agent (ft. in SavvyAuthors)
- *10 Ways to Make Your Submission Stand Out in the Slush Pile (ft. in Writer’s Digest and iWriterly)
- Deciding When to Query (ft. in SavvyAuthors)
- *Querying Checklist (ft. in SavvyAuthors and iWriterly)
- *How to Write the Perfect Plot Summary for Your Query (ft. in SavvyAuthors and iWriterly)
- How to Get Literary Agents to Request More Pages (ft. in SavvyAuthors)
- *11 Easy Steps to Getting a Literary Agent (ft. in SavvyAuthors and iWriterly)
- *The Dos and Don’t of Querying (ft. in SavvyAuthors and iWriterly)
Publishing Industry Insight
Understanding genres, age groups, word counts, and more.
- How Genre & Category Impact Your Ability to Get Published (ft. in SavvyAuthors)
- *FAAAQ: Frequently Asked #AskAgent Questions – Part 1 (ft. in SavvyAuthors and iWriterly)
- FAAAQ: Frequently Asked #AskAgent Questions – Part 2 (ft. in SavvyAuthors)
- Covered Podcast: Interview with Meg LaTorre-Snyder on the Querying Process and Publishing Industry (ft. on Hologram Radio)
Twitter Writing Contests
- *How to Write a Twitter Pitch (ft. in SavvyAuthors and iWriterly)
- 18 Essential Etiquette Tips for Twitter Writing Contests (ft. in SavvyAuthors)
*Topic appears both as an article and as a video on iWriterly.